Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What else would you expect from a Clinton operative?

The day before the Democratic Gubernatorial primary in a last ditch attempt to stave off the meteoric rise of Creigh Deeds, Terry McAulliffe decides to issue a letter from a couple victims of the VT tragedy and condemn Creigh Deeds for his stance on guns. First of all being able to buy guns at gun shows and bring them to bars has nothing to do with the Virginia Tech shooting. It is also simply a way of pulling at emotional strings for political advantage and to assault the second amendment. I thank Creigh Deeds for willing to stand up for gun rights at times, and I hope that the voters of Virginia will reject these low tactics either tomorrow or in November. I agree with Mason Conservative that this is a very low political shot, and I would have thought political operatives would have realized that these attacks tend to backfire in Virginia.

While it gives me no added credibility on this issue. I had a number of friends who were at Tech on Apil 16th, and I lived 40 mins away at the time. So don't tell me I don't care about what happened.

No comments: