Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miss California Defends Traditional Marriage

Miss California Stands for Marriage and her Faith

Miss California, Carrie Prejean, was the runner-up Miss America. However, the internet buzz has all been about her stand against gay marriage, and her support of traditional marriage between one man and one woman.

Here's some of what Focus on the Family wrote about the story. Read the full story here.

Miss California Sets Her Eyes on the Real Prize

0_62_Prejean_CarrieAt the Miss USA pageant, Carrie Prejean may have lost the crown but she won plenty of respect. Miss California, who was the odds-on favorite to capture this year's title, faced her biggest test this past weekend--answering a question from the judges about same-sex "marriage." To Fox News, the first runner-up said yesterday, "Out of all the topics I studied up on, I dreaded that one... If I had any other question, I know I would have won," she said. 

Perez Hilton, an open homosexual who served as a pageant judge, pressed Prejean, asking if every state should legalize homosexual marriage. After a brief pause, Miss California responded in the same way that more than four million of her state's voters did during last November's election. "...I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be..." 

Even though Carrie believes her answer "did cost me my crown," she told Access Hollywood, "I wouldn't have had it any other way... I see the audience would've wanted me to be more politically correct. But I was raised... that you can never compromise your beliefs and opinions for anything."

-----------------

Later, Miss Prejean told Foxnews that she believed that God was testing her faith. You can read her inspiring interview here.

This young lady has stood her ground despite all the furor and anti-marriage attacks. It is good to see that there are still people out there who are willing to take a stand for what is right, even when it costs them.

This is a repost of an article by Will Estrada from the GenJ Blog.

No comments: